| Domain Transfer |
- IMPORTANT TRANSFER INFORMATION -
1. Make sure that you have access to the email address listed as the admin contact for the domain. Our transfer
process is email verification based, so if your email
address listed for the administrative contact of the domain
is not current, the transfer will fail.
2. Make sure your domain name is not
expired. It is advisable to initiate your transfer at least
7 days prior to expire date, so there will be enough time to complete the process.
3. All .info, .us ,.biz and .org
transfers require an authentication code when transferring
domains to Simplybehosted. You can obtain an authentication code from
your current registrar (where the domain is currently registered).
4. We cannot transfer domains that are less
than 60 days old. If you registered your domain within
the last 60 days, please wait until after 60 days before starting
a transfer to Simplybehosted.
5. Make sure your domain name is not locked at the current registrar.
Please contact your current registrar to make sure
there are no holds or locks when transferring your domain
name.(many registrars will automatically place a lock on the domain for security)
6. Domain transfers usually also add 1 year onto your
expire date (except uk domains). If the domain was recently reactivated from an expired state, you will not get a year added to the expire date.
UK DOMAINS. UK domains .me.uk .co.uk .org.uk all require you to update the IPS tag for the transfer to take place. Please contact your current registrar and ask them to change the IPS tag to ENOM.
Failed transfers. If the transfer fails we will try a second time. If we are still unable to complete the transfer then we will refund you minus a £1.49 admin & transaction fee charge.